Faith Day with Year 824.03.2016
On Wednesday 9th March, our Year 8 students took part in a 'Faith Day' as part of their PSHCE curriculum.
The day was designed to give our students insight and understanding into a variety of different religions and humanitarian causes, with representatives from local faith groups and charities delivering sessions for the students throughout the day. The sessions included:
- Kadampa Buddhist Centre
- The 'Imagine If' charity from Frontline Church
- Church of the Latter Day Saints
- 'Meet Your Muslim Neighbour'
- A Sikh from the local Sikh Temple
- The multi-faith chaplain from St Helens College
- 'Lessons from the Holocaust' by Hope Academy students
- Christian missionaries giving their experiences of working in Mozambique
It was a very thought-provoking and inspiring day for our students, and we would like to send a big thank you to the organisations and individuals who supported us in making the day such a great success.